Mod

[CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

We all know the saying treat others how you want to be treated but what about treating yourself? Life can be tough and sometimes we take it out on ourselves. 

love thy self

However, loving yourself is something that can be learned, so if you're finding it tough to be kind to yourself and you're after some tips and support, why not start here? Wherever you are on your self-love journey, we could all learn to be a little kinder to ourselves. 

Join us next Monday on the 7th of November at 8pm AEDT (daylight time) for a little bit of loving Smiley Happy

Flowerhair

Mod

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

Hello everyone! Welcome to tonight's GR!

adele

Often we are our biggest critic and it can sometimes be hard to know how to change that. Tonight we are going to talk about learning to love yourself even when it's hard! 

And we are now LIVE!

As always, if you're going through a tough time, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 
Please remember guidelines when joining this conversation.
Mod

Hi everyone! 

Jumping into our first question for tonight: 

What is self-love? 

Mod

I made it! Sorry I almost forgot! Smiley Tongue

What is self-love?
Self love is basically what it says. Loving yourself. Like @Stealth_ninja said, we are our biggest critic. Self love is taking that criticism and turning it into love Smiley Happy
Mod

Hey @Stealth_ninja and @Randomness!!

What is self-love? 

I think it's just trying to appreciate yourself as a whole person, not just focusing on what you like or don't like about yourself. I think it also probably also involves being realistic about your needs and abilities, and not beating yourself up for them

Builder

What is self love?

To me, self love is about accepting myself as I am and not being too hard on myself. I'm not perfect, and that's perfectly fine Smiley Happy

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

Hi everyone!

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

[ Edited ]

What is self-love?

To me self love is...

• Positive self-talk
  • The ability to comfort and support yourself in tough times
  • Being able to love yourself even when you feel like others don't
  • The key to happiness
Mod

Hey @N1ghtW1ng!! I like 'turning criticism into love'! It sounds like reframing the way you think about yourself so you're not so inclined to be mean to yourself

Mod

[ Edited ]

@N1ghtW1ng @Randomness You are here!! 

Hey @j95 @Chloee Welcome Smiley Happy

What is self-love?

Hmm I don't really know how to define it but I think a big part of self-love is forgiving yourself and choosing to accept and love the things about you you don't really like. And also believing you deserve love which is sometimes the hardest part

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count