Mod

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

What is self-love? 

I think self love is being kind to yourself, treating yourself well and seeing yourself as you are. I think it's important to remember that self-love doesn't have to mean thinking you're the most fabulous awesome person of all time, all of the time - that's not very realistic or attainable and it'd be really hard to develop self love. We are who we are and that's ok and self love is about seeing ourselves that way and treating ourselves like we deserve! 

Mod

Hey @j95, glad you could make it!!

@May_ The self-support angle is really important! Sometimes it will seem like nobody is around to support you, so in those times having self-love can be vital. That being said, there's nothing wrong with leaning on others sometimes, and being supported

Builder

I think self love is being able the see different parts of yourself as valuable and important,
Mod

I love what you said @Chloee being perfectly fine with not being perfect Smiley Happy Definitely something I strive for!

Mod

So true @safari93 - I want to be able to rely on myself for support and comfort. Why do we have to need others? Smiley Happy
Mod

of course getting support from others is awesome but there are times when you don't have support so I think it's important to feel like you can rely on yourself Smiley Happy
Mod

@Stealth_ninja definitely agree with how hard it can be to accept that you deserve love - I've definitely struggled with that in the past. I find it so strange that I ended up thinking that, I don't even remember when I started thinking that

@Randomness that's true - there's a difference between appreciating who you are as a person and having an exaggerated sense of your own worth

Mod

So true @May_ knowing what you need is such a valuable skill and Im learning now that it's really valuable in the working world as well. Being able to identify what you need

Mod

@Stealth_ninja yeah definitely - I feel like self-love is tied to independence as well
Builder

@Stealth_ninja I like what you said about believing you deserve love! I never thought of it like that, but it reminds me of that quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, "We accept the love we think we deserve".
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Top High Fived Authors