Super star contributor

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

Self love - respecting yourself, giving yourself a break when you need it, rewarding yourself for hard work.

It's needed to be a role model to others

(PS sorry if I'm not welcome here)

Mod

I think we all understand what self love is, so now it's time for our next question.

Why is being kind to ourselves important?

Mod

Of course you are welcome!! Thanks for joining us @loves netball Smiley Happy
Mod

Speaking kindly to ourselves is so key for happiness, self-esteem, confidence, etc

Mod

@Chloee Yes! That's one of my favourite quotes and I think it can be interpretted sometimes as really dark and cynical but it's not just about romantic love it's about how we act in life, how we let other peopel treat us and how we treat ourselves. It's a hard lesson that I've had to learn but it really made me work hard on myself to try and believe that I deserved more.

@safari93 I don't know when i started believing that either! I think it's from childhood/how i've dealt with experiences/bullying etc 

Mod

Hey @loves netball everyone is welcome here and you definitely are! Especially when you're giving us gems like that Smiley Happy 

Mod

@loves netball welcome!!

It can give us space to appreciate ourselves and meet our needs and wants. Otherwise, if you are hard on yourself you might take on more than you can handle, and burn out. Or you might not provide yourself with what you need, which is bad for all aspects of your health and wellbeing

Mod

It is also so important for facing fears! How can we face our fears when even we aren't telling ourselves we can?
Mod

Being kind to ourselves can help build our self confidence and self respect.
Builder

[ Edited ]

Don't be silly @loves netball, whyever would you not be welcome?!?!? Smiley LOL

Being kind to ourselves is so important for our mental wellbeing. It just keeps us in check so that we aren't beating ourselves up too badly, and we are grounded in reality. It's good so we don't get into darker territory like depression and anxiety.

Also, it's frankly just a lot easier than not being kind to yourself Smiley Tongue

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Top High Fived Authors