Mod

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

Hi @Birdeye! No worries for the lateness. Eating regularly is an important part of self love! 

Great answers. Yes your analogy makes perfect sense! 

Your answer to the second question is such a brilliant statement/summary I might have to quote you on that! Smiley Very Happy

Mod

That is a really great point @loves netball why do you think it's so hard to be nice to ourselves? Do you think if we don't practice self-love we find it harder to accept love from others?

Builder

Hi guys! Sorry I am late. I think self love is so important and here are some of my reasons why Smiley Happy:

• It gives you more confidence 
  • Allows you to aim to be the best version of 'you'
  • You can achieve great things with even just the slightest amount of self confidence 
  • boosts overall self esteem 
  • 'fake it til you make it' 

Smiley HappyHeart

Builder

@Birdeye love your viewpoint that "we are the most important people in our lives".

It reminds me of the quote "The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better try to make yourself as interesting as possible."

Also I realised I'm doing this a lot in this thread... thinking of other quotes because of what people are saying here Smiley LOL
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Mod

Welcome @nc_reachout13!! No worries about being late, we're just glad you made it Smiley Happy

Mod

@loves netball The way we treat ourselves, the way we treat others and the way others treat us can definitely all impact on each other and make it all harder. I do think though that we all deserve to treat ourselves and each other well, despite whatever.  

Mod

Hey @nc_reachout13 Welcome Smiley Happy

I am really enjoying your quotes @Chloee keep em' coming !

Mod

Haha feel free to do so @Randomness

@Chloee that's a good quote! That sort of idea is what I'm trying to go for as I try to improve myself. All about doing it for you.
Builder

I'm heading back to studying for a bit! I shall join you guys again when I want to procrastinate take a break, and also nearer to when this ends!

Have fun everyone!

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

Thanks @safari93! Also to add to the comments, my idea of self love is accepting yourself as you are but allowing yourself to recognise things you still want to improve on. So essentially always beig happy with who you are but striving to be better, howeer not allowing it to effect you in a negative way Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors