Mod

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

Also reading through everyone's answers, it sounds like the Perks of Being a Wallflower quote is becoming more and more relevant
Mod

Lol no worries @Chloee, have a productive study sesh, and definitely make it back if you have time Smiley Happy

Mod

@nc_reachout13 that's such a good way of putting it! Of course, we can all learn and grow as people, but that doesn't mean we're starting out as terrible people. We're all just learning

Super star contributor

@Stealth_ninja well in my case I'm extra sensitive and am too used to feeling like I don't deserve love because I don't love myself. Society puts on a lot of pressure, and this can happen without people even saying something, so we put these very high expectataions on ourselves. These expectations aren't always realistic, and sometimes we don't seem to cope well with being knocked back, well I don't anyway.

Builder

I think my favourite thing about seeing the pattern of self love even just in my own life is when I recognise that I love who I am and who I am becoming, whereas when I was growing up it was much harder to see and put into practice. So although growth changes people, sometimes it really is for self development and for the best 

Mod

@loves netball that's so true, society puts a lot of pressure on people to reach a certain standard, regardless of whether you can or not. That makes it so easy for people to be critical of themselves

What does everyone think? Do you think there are other things that might make us more likely to criticise ourselves?

Mod

Hey guys, I'm going to have to cut this short and leave. I'm feeling unrealistically angry tonight so I need a little me time with ice cream, ninja then drawing and robots Smiley Happy
I hope you all have a good night and a great week. Smiley Very Happy
Mod

@loves netball it sounds like you're saying that there's a dialogue about being worthy of self love between ourselves and the world, and that both sides of this conversation is interpreted by ourselves.
That certainly adds, I think, to what we're saying about why self-love is important. Self-love lets us make this conversation a different one, and probably begins by letting us react to our current understanding of the conversation differently
Mod

@N1ghtW1ng sorry to hear how you're feeling! Me time is a good idea, hope you feel better soon Smiley Happy

Mod

@N1ghtW1ng self-love and self-care are important! Hope you have a rejuvenating time! 

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count