Builder

Re: [CHAT]: Stinking thinking

Sometimes thats really hard @loves netball Smiley Sad
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

I think that it can take a little while for us to get the hang of knowing what we need and also it can be tricky in the heat of the moment to know what you need to feel a bit better. Perhaps part of that solution is planning ahead a bit. We could for example have threads where we write down how we want to be supported, what might be unhelpful and what works great? 

Builder

Time for next question....

How can we make threads for support in a healthy way?

I think @Ben-RO already touched on this a little.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

That makes a lot of sense to me @loves netball, it definitely need to come from the person or the communiy and I guess that's why we have GRs and special discussions and things because we want to make sure your voice is heard and helps us makes the forums better. Do you like the idea of a thread to discuss short sad/some of the points @Ben-RO made, do you think it would help our users?

Mod

yeah i agree @j95 it's definitely not easy to do! 

Mod Squad

I think you are spot on @loves netball - you can't help someone without the person having a sense of empowerment in the process

Super star contributor

@Stealth_ninja I've actually started avoiding short sads. I only go on if I'm worried that someone is need of support and no one else has seen it. I might leave this chat. It's really really upsetting me and I'm fighting back tears

Mod

Thanks for sharing that with us @loves netball, we don't want to have anything on the forums that makes you upset so hopefully we can find a way of making sure you're most supported. I'm sorry that what we are discussing is upsetting you. I definitely didnt mean to offend you in any way I just felt your feedback is valuable here on the forums thats why I asked. I hope you feel better soon

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hey guys! Sorry I'm so late - footy training.

@loves netball you gotta do what's best for you I think. It's so great that you are actively there for others in need of support but to be able to do it sustainably we've gotta take care of ourselves. Speak again soon

Community Manager

I would definitely say that it's always important for us to put on our own oxygen masks first before looking out for others. So avoiding certain threads to make sure we don't get triggered or upset is a really healthy and good skill @loves netball! And perhaps even if SS goes, well...that will still always be an important skill to have. 

Top High Fived Authors