Builder

Re: [CHAT] Stressbusters!

What is stress?

Stress is when you're worrying about something that happened in the past, or something that might/will happen in the future, and you think about it a lot and you get horrible anxious feelings because of it. Maybe? It's basically when you're put under strain or pressure because of the circumstances you're in.

Mod

hello! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

What is stress?

I think of stress as being an overwhelming feeling of pressure. 

I've been sitting here trying to think of how to make my answer longer than this, but I cannot. So I'mma stop stressing about it and post 

Builder

What is stress?

I'd say it's when a person is overwhelmed with things in their life and their finding it hard to deal with stuff.

and

Because Google... [A] state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstance

Builder

I feel like stress is a reaction to things that are happening in your life, like it's overwhelming
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

[ Edited ]

What is stress?

Most of the time, stress, to me, is being worried about something in the future that I know on a rational level is not worthy of the amount of stress that I am feeling about it. It might involve me struggling to fall asleep at night because I keep thinking about it, or me constantly talking to friends/family about it. In the past year I have wasted so much time stressing about things that 100% did not need any stress so I am currently - as always - trying to stress less and remind myself of these past experiences Smiley Tongue But of course "normal levels" of stress is also a normal human thing that is there to help keep us alive..

Mod

So it sounds like we're all thinking that stress is about life overwhelming us/our thoughts.

I like your mentions @roseisnotaplant and @May_ about stress coming from thoughts about the future (and the past), because when I saw the question my mind went primarily to things happening right now in the moment to stress us out
Builder

Hello, sorry I'm late
Mod

@Birdeye yeah it's interesting you say that because I was completely thinking about stressing about things in the future/past but stress in the moment is a huge thing too Smiley Happy
Mod

heya @Alison5 !
Top High Fived Authors