Builder

Re: [CHAT] Stressbusters!

I'd say future as well.
Mod

@Birdeye not sure if I stress more about the future or the past... I guess people who are inclined to stress about either (me Smiley Tongue ) probably spend a fair bit of time stressing about both.
Mod

Can you tell when you are stressed?

Sometimes. Although I think I tend to generally catch on in the later stages (Eg when I'm feeling nauseous/ill or light-headed).

However, I generally know what situations will stress me out before they begin to stress me out. Maybe this is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Like if I didn't just accept that I would be stressed about something would I be less stressed about it when it actually happens? Or would I be unprepared for the amount of stress that would suddenly occur? Can anyone else relate to this kinda thing? Although sometimes I am surprised at being either more or less stressed about something than I thought I would be.

Builder

I can tell when im stressed a bit but if it's lots of stress it takes over and sometimes I don't realise that's what is happening
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

[ Edited ]

Can you tell when you are stressed?

I know that I will sometimes say that I'm stressed, but I can't think of how or why I ever think/know to say that. For me, it might be that if I notice that I'm spending a lot of my time thinking/talking about something then I'm probably stressed about that thing. 

I'm not sure if there are physical things that I do. Though, as with the thinking, it's probably like when my anxiety is bad. So stuff like feeling unwell, not really feeling like I can do anything but like there's so much I have to do, heart beating faster, crying even? 

Builder

2.Can you tell when you are stressed?

When I'm very stressed but not when it's only slight.

Because I missed the second part of the question I'll add it now... 

HOW do you recognise when you're stressed?

Mod

I'm completely with you on that @May_ Like if I have a presentation at uni, sometimes I think I'm talking myself into being stressed out about it.
And I wonder if that transfers on to other people, like does seeing that other people find it stressful make someone else find it stressful because 'if they found it stressful, it must be stressful, so I should be stressed'
Builder

I agree with you @May_
I seem to recognize it more after, although I also have a rough idea is something is likely to cause be to be stressed too.
Mod

[ Edited ]

@j95@May_@Alison5@FootyFan26 I think that what you're all saying about not always noticing when you're stressed out until it's too late probably really informs what I was talking about with the past/present/future stress earlier. Maybe when we're right in the middle of it, like we will be with present stress, we're too focused on all of the stuff stressing us out to notice that we're stressed

Builder

Yeah and when I'm really really stressed it turns into irritability and frustration, which I take out on other people. Like I'm really stressed, so can you like shut up and stop breathing near me haha
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count