Mod

Re: [CHAT] Stressbusters!

Oh yeah @j95, I can think of times when I've really lashed out at my friends because I was so stressed about something else that I didn't have time for them
And in the moment I wouldn't have said that I was stressed, I would have just said that I was angry/annoyed
Builder

For me it's usually stress that makes me like that @Birdeye like I get angry real easily and it's best if people stay away from me
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

[ Edited ]

So after thinking about how you know when you're stressed, our next question is:

What are some signs somebody else might be stressed?

Mod

It's really great that you're able to recognise that @j95.
Seriously, before right now I never thought of how I act in those ways towards others when I'm stressing out.
Mod

I suppose any kind of negative behaviour towards me could indicate someone is stressed out. It's really important but also so hard to try not to judge people for lashing out or whatever behaviour it might be because chances are they are struggling at that time and that's the reason they are acting like that
Mod

Also every time I see the title of this GR I start humming the ghost busters theme....anyone else....hehe
Builder

I think a quick temper or any behavior that is a bit unusual is a good indicator. They often may not mean to say things, but it just a blurts out.
Mod

Yeah, those are the main things I'm thinking too @May_ @Alison5

And thinking back to a few of my friends during year 12, and even sometimes now when uni exams come along, people can also retreat and disappear around stressful times
Community Manager

Sometimes it's super obvious, but sometimes it can be very hard to tell, especially if you don't know the person who's stressed too well or if they are aware they're stressed but don't feel comfortable sharing that they are feeling that way with others. So i guess if things seem a little funny, if someone reacts in a way that doesn't really add up with the situation they're in, then it could be a sign that stress could be involved! 
Mod

This has been a great chat so far but unfortunately I've got lots of work/readings to get through so I might have to leave you here! Thanks everyone - goodnight Smiley Happy
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count