Builder

[CHAT] Swipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

Back in the day, if you wanted to marry someone, you had to go through a lengthy process of courting, which involved getting all dressed up for a ball, needing to dance with a partner, and following all sorts of rules in order to propose to them.

Nowadays, dating is a bit easier than that, with the likes of dating apps such as Tinder, Happn, and Bumble allowing us to meet potential partners with just a swipe to the right.

We also don’t have to follow such strict dating rules now. We can date for marriage and long lasting relationships, but we can also date for casual fun.

With all these changes in technology and how we meet up with people, it can be easier to find what you want, but it can be a bit daunting. Navigating the modern dating world and this hook-up culture can be difficult if we aren’t completely sure of what we want, or what others want.

tinder

Come join us at 8pm on Monday 28th November for a discussion on modern dating, or join in on the conversation by hitting ‘Reply’ right now!

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Hey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Twipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

[ Edited ]
Hey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Tonight we're going to explore the world of dating apps. And why we might (or might not) want to use em to find love, or other things! 

We'll alll jump online in about 10 minutes (8:00pm AEDT)! Feel free to pop on and say hi, share anything you're thinking or dive into the discussion! 

If you're going through a tough time, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 
Please remember guidelines when joining this conversation.

Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Hey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Twipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

Okay, question time! 

1. What are some anxieties associated with being single? And what are some good things about being single?

Mod

Re: [CHAT] Swipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

Hey everyone! Looking forward to tonight's chat. I just need to do some showering and eating then I'll be here! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

Re: [CHAT] SHey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Twipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

HELLO 

Builder

Hey!
Builder

1. What are some anxieties associated with being single? And what are some good things about being single?

I feel like there is a pressure to get in a relationship when you are single, and there's definitely this deep-rooted societal anxiety about ending up alone, but I think some good things about being single are being able to be independent, finding out who you are as an individual, and enjoying the things you like enjoying by yourself. Smiley Happy

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

Although I'm only 21, I'd say dying alone is a huge anxiety for young people these days in general. Just because connecting with people on a deeper level is allowing yourself to be so vulnerable and connection is so rare.

Good things about being single are having your own set of goals and priorities without having to factor another person into them eg- travelling the world for a year  

Community Manager

@nc_reachout13 i like your reasoning a lot. There's so much freedom associated with the single life. Although I also like to think that you can feel free in a healthy relationship too. Perhaps its never quite the same though. 

I also agree, about the connection thing, it could be pretty scary because if you open up there's a risk you could get a bit hurt, although it could also be super awesome Smiley Happy 

Builder

Hey guys Smiley Very Happy

Top High Fived Authors