Mod

Re: [CHAT] The Comforts of Creativity

1. What does creativity mean to you?

Creativity is so many different things, its self-expression through art and dance and music and singing but it's also thinking creatively in your work like thinking outside the box. I  know ive had problems or challenges presented to me at work before that i've had to figure out and I think that requires some creativity too! 

Community Manager

Anything where i make, or ...create... stuff, or ideas, or concepts or systems or anything else. Sometimes i use creativity in the most boring things, like making a spreadsheet because i get creative about how i make all the data work together. Yep, i am a huge geek. 

Builder

Ooh that's interesting @Stealth_ninja, so creativity isn't just like 'art' but also thinking about situations differently, and thinking of new ways of doing things?
Mod

Hey everyone!

To me creativity is all about expressing yourself in whatever you like to do (including visual art or music or dance or physical activity/dance as others have mentioned so far). It doesn't necessarily have to be about the quality of what you produce - I think it's important to have fun as well. I find it relaxing to have a creative outlet such as music to relieve stress.

Creativity is also important in terms of thinking outside of the box and coming up with creative solutions to problems.

Builder

Thinking outside the box and using different types of media to convey ideas and stories.

Builder

I like that answer @FootyFan26, that's basically the hurricane of ideas in my head summed up neatly in a sentence Smiley Tongue
Mod

Next question time!

How do you like to express yourself?

Builder

Hey, just popping in to read all the posts. So far so good. Might need to get to bed soon. So drowsy with new medication.
Builder

- Build things like dollhouses for my siblings etc
- Make music
- Draw
- Plan different things
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Lots of ways! Sometimes when I'm feeling totally out of it I'll listen to a podcast and flick paint around in a notebook. Sometimes I'll play guitar REALLY loud, because electric guitars are da bomb Smiley Tongue I really like writing, so I do that a lot, and that's a cool way to explore new ideas and stuff. Also sometimes I make short video things. And sometimes I draw. And I quite frequently have spontaneous dance parties in my bedroom. Really I do lots of things...

meme-18.png

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count