Mod

Re: [CHAT] The Comforts of Creativity

@FootyFan26 that's very true. You can share things anonymously and express yourself in ways that you might not be able to before.

@roseisnotaplant I bet there's some math nerd out there writing about socks in equations Smiley Tongue But yes, creativity can be expressed in any language (or no language, eg art) and still be understood.
Builder

I make up stories in my head too @N1ghtW1ng. I should probably start writing them down more, because I super like writing Smiley Tongue
Builder

Builder

Hello everyone I'm here (finally) for a thing!!

Creativity to me I guess is a form of expression? I don't know. I kind of see it as the opposite of science, which is really bad and not accurate at all. 

I express myself through singing (much to the dislike of others), poetry, and drawing or art. I kind of see it as a way of working through my feelings - a lot of me being creative in the traditional sense is when I'm running on high emotions. It helps me understand whats going, what I'm thinking, why, maybe even how to deal with it. It gives a sense of relief. Also, something to look back on and reflect on how I felt. 

Actually thinking about it now, I guess a lot of the sciencey academic stuff I do would also be creative - I have to create and come up with ideas! Non traditional creativity ^-^

Mod

@roseisnotaplant hahaha perfect.

@ivory science creativity is pretty cool too. What sort of strands of science are you interested in?
Mod

@roseisnotaplant most of my stories are basically fan fiction (I put myself into the stories and it's basically role playing by myself Smiley Tongue)
Builder

Psychology!! I'm in the fourth year so recently we had to come up with some methods for running an experiment so we had to get a bit creative with that

Mod

That sounds awesome @ivory, you have to get creative with teaching too, creating things for the kids Smiley Tongue It can be fun when you do things that relate to your course or class Smiley Happy
Builder

Neeext question;

Can consuming creativity (listening to music, reading a book, etc) have the same effect?

Mod

Can consuming creativity (listening to music, reading a book, etc) have the same effect?
Absolutely. Personally, I absolutely love listening to music and reading books. It's so wonderful to just immerse yourself into your surroundings (book and music) and it's wonderful. Since I listen to mostly soundtracks, it's like I'm in the movie and it's rather spectacular Smiley Happy
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count