Builder

Re: [CHAT] The Comforts of Creativity

I think not the same effect, but definitely similar. And even a bit better. Instead of focusing on the emotion to get it down on a page or whatever, by consuming a creative piece  it's more distracting, assuming its not triggering 

I guess expressing creativity is more a catharsis for me than  a distraction. its important to know when what is appropriate

Builder

Can consuming creativity (listening to music, reading a book, etc) have the same effect?

I think so. For me, listening to music can be just phenomenally amazing at improving how I'm feeling. Also media like YouTube and to a lesser extent TV, helps me especially when I can relate to the characters/people. Also books are great.
Mod

@ivory it probably wouldn't have the same effect, as creating something for yourself is a pretty great feeling but as @roseisnotaplant said it's definitely a similar feeling.
Especially when you're not feeling right and creativity just isn't it for you, you can consume it instead and still made to feel better Smiley Happy
Mod

hey gang im going to head to bed. Sorry i havent been that chatty/been around for much of the GR but been enjoying reading it Smiley Happy

Mod

Time for the next question for tonight:

How can we make time for creative pursuits when life gets busy?

Mod

no problem @Stealth_ninja, have a good night! Smiley Happy
Builder

Uhhh... by drawing in maths class? It's important to make time for creative pursuits, and I think just finding five minutes to do whatever can be effective. Maybe substituting doing with consuming could work if time is an issue too, like instead if playing violin, listen to it in the car.

Builder

Create schedules for when you want to do something, plan to do something with friends so you're more likely going to do it or start a project that you can work on little by little that doesn't take too long to set up/pack up.

Builder

Going to bed now, goooodnight everyone!!! Smiley Very Happy

Mod

@roseisnotaplant haha yes doodling in classes is the best Smiley Very Happy

@FootyFan26 group work can be a great way to motivate you to do things Smiley Tongue
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count