Community Manager

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

Also just a heads up everyone! While this chat is gonna stay open and you can keep talking all you want, the live chat part ends in about 2 minutes, so responses will slow down a bit (because people like myself will have fallen asleep Smiley Tongue

Mod

See ya @Glass_half_full thanks for everything tonight <3

Wow @Ben-RO asking the tough questions. Is both an answer? I think being in a relationship in general is tough, being able to let someone in and be vulnerable with them is hard and so I really think you need all of it. You need the support system and be able to have fun and share things with each other?

Builder

That is a tricky on @Ben-RO. I think they're both valuable, however having cool experiences without relationship skills probably wouldn't be as good as having good relationship skills without cool experiences. So I'd say skills/communication stuff.

Community Manager

@OmNomPineapples nawwww thaaanks! you are so welcome here and we are always happy to talk, there's nothing to big or small Smiley Happy 

likewise for you @roseisnotaplant! It was great to meet you and i hope i get to catch up with you somewhere in this giant forum too!

Frequent scribe

I have to get going now but thank you again everyone! It was a great pleasure talking to you all. 

Smiley Happy 

Mod

Wow is it already that time! It has flown with you all! Thank you all for being so open and willing to share what you have been through. Even if you only shared a little or watch from afar it has been a really validating experience for me to know other people are doing LDRs as well. Really hope that you are all very happy Smiley Happy

@roseisnotaplant @OmNomPineapples @Bay52VU @Ben-RO and everyone else!!

Builder

Great to meet you too @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

Builder

Goodnight everyone! It's been great to talk, I hope you have a good week. Bye, and DFTBA Cat Happy

Community Manager

Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone who jumped on and contributed to this great discussion, i learned a lot and feel pretty excited about all the new things i have to appreiciate about my LDR! 

I look forward to all the forum hangs, and of course next week's GR; we're thinking of tackling the topic of loneliness, what do you reckon? 

Builder

For sure you can steal the lunch idea @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

Is it more important to make and share good experiences with the person (or people) you are in a relationship with, or is the skill building, communication and generally relationship skill stuff more important?

Yikes that's tough. Cause if you just have lots of good experiences but haven't worked on any skills together then even pretty basic differences in opinion/values could cause a problem. But if you have lots of relationship skills sorted out but never share any good experiences then people are going to get bored/resentful.

Anyway g'night everyone and thanks for the chat. Thanks for hosting it @Stealth_ninja @Glass_half_full @Ben-RO

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Top High Fived Authors