Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

Tell us more @Glass_half_full

Builder

Hello everybuddy Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hey @roseisnotaplant! Welcome! 

I don't think i've had a chance to say hi to you before! So, hi! 

Mod

[ Edited ]

So im in a long distance relationship atm which is (going by Ben's units) almost 900km away but the person who it's with has been moving around for the last year or so with work so we have been "making it work" for a range of distances. The invention of aeroplanes, facetime and telephones has really helped haha I cant imagine being able to do long distance like 50 years ago. There are lots and lots of differences

Post Mod

How many people have had or have long distance friendships or long distance relationships? What makes them different from other friend/relationships? 

I've had and currently am in 1 long distance relationship. I have  several friends as well who live interstate as well as overseas. My sister lives in Sydney. The fact that I can call these relationships relationships means that I am really close with these people. even though we are so far away, when ever I see my friends from Sydney it feel like it was yesterday.

As for my boyfriend, Here's a bomb, he is actually my fiance now. I'm planning on getting married next year and will be moving to Sydney. After 3 years of long distance, I'm ready to end this beautiful struggle. 

Frequent scribe

[ Edited ]

Hello! I will let everyone know now that I've never been in one of these chats before but you all seem so welcoming and nice so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have only ever had one boyfriend which turns out to be a long distance relationship. And I do find it really hard when I cannot physically be near them. So yeah.

Community Manager

@OmNomPineapples yay! So excited to have you on here! Just keep refreshing the page and totally just feel free to jump in whenever you want, there's no such thing as a wrong answer or a weird question here! 

Mod

hey @OmNomPineapples thanks for joining us today! So glad that we could be your first GR chat Smiley Very Happy I'm excited! Yeah i totally can empathise with not being able to be near the person - how long have you been doing long distance for? 

Hi @roseisnotaplant Welcome Smiley Very Happy

Builder

Also hi @Ben-RO!

How many people have had or have long distance friendships or long distance relationships? What makes them different from other friend/relationships? 

I mean I moved from the city to the coast when I was like nine, so there are some friendships that I did leave behind there, but they sort of became less important because we all got on with our lives (which is kind of sad, I knew some pretty cool people), but we sometimes catch up. As for long distance relationships? I ain't had none of them.

Community Manager

@OmNomPineapples it can be pretty tough huh! But it seems like for the right person it's worth it! What makes it hard for you? 

Top High Fived Authors