Community Manager

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

@OmNomPineapples oh that is very tough! While everyone's experience is definitely different, i am also in an LDR with someone who is living with a mental illness. Have you and your partner found some ways to provide some support when he's going through a tough time?  

Frequent scribe

Are there some  worries that are a part of a LDR that don't happen in  a "normal" or not long distance relationship?

Yeah I would say for me at least I worry when I will get to see them next. Things are always all over the place, I'm always busy or he is always busy. But I'm grateful that we do get to see each other a lot more than I thought we would when this started. Smiley Happy 

Community Manager

@roseisnotaplant would you ever consider being in a long distance relationship with someone? Or would you reckon it'd be too hard? 

Mod Squad

Hey guys! I'm excited about tonight's topic because moving to a new city, I've entered into a LDR about 5 months ago? Just thought I'd add to the whole bandwagon of mods in long distance haha! It's my first LDR and I must admit it's much harder than I initially thought it would be! 

Post Mod

Are there some  worries that are a part of a LDR that don't happen in  a "normal" or not long distance relationship?

ofcourse, I think you need a lot of trust and security, otherwise there is that constant worry that your partner might be upto something. My main concern was " what if we don't connect this well in person?" so i think it is a good idea to see that person and spend some time before anything gets serious. I guess the biggest worry is wondering if this person is the same in person. 

Builder

Hmmm. I think it would depend on the person and the circumstances. It would totally be hard, but I think worth it if it was the right person @Ben-RO

Mod Squad

@OmNomPineapples hey there, I haven't gotten a chance to 'bump' into you either. I'm glad you guys have been able to sort that out, I find that this is a constant cause of conflict for me because our timings totally clash so even a facetime a day gets tedious sometimes Smiley Sad 

Frequent scribe

@Ben-RO Yeah I think so, well I hope so. Lately for the pass twoish months or so we haven't even been able to message each other because he has been finding things hard. And so even though he may go days without messaging me I like to send him little words of encouragement, reminding him that I love him and that I'm there for him. But if things really go downhill I try to rush there to be with him.

Mod

I agree with what everyone else has said really, I think @OmNomPineapples made good points about not knowing when or how long its going to be before you get to see them next. Both my partner and I are really busy and im back at uni doing my masters so its tough with trying to manage his work schedule and uni assignments. I also think not being able to be with each other when things aren't going so well, like stress or if I'm having a bad anxiety day. I think this process has made me stronger though, I know I have the support there but i'm also able to look after myself and know what I need. 

Oh @Sans-RO another mod! haha I actually think as you get older it's more common! Everyone is trying to do their own thing but still value the importance of that special connection.

Community Manager

@Bay52VU wow, 5 years! Congratulations! 

Top High Fived Authors