Builder

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

[ Edited ]

Are there some worries that are a part of a LDR that don't happen in  a "normal" or not long distance relationship? 

For sure. For me the biggest worries have been practical stuff - money, food/water, shelter, safety. There was one winter where he had a massive snow storm and basically his whole city lost power for half a week. Without power there was no heat, and a few people actually died from the cold. Without power there was also no internet and no way to charge his phone. So it was an intense couple of days. While of course I'm sitting here in Aus summer going wtf snow how does that work?

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Post Mod

I agree with @Stealth_ninja in that the whole thing is a really rewarding experience and my relationship has made me so much stronger. Also, I am much more rational in a long distance relationship because I have the space and time to think. Mine has been the hardest but the best thing. 

Mod

wow a facetime a day is amazing if you can do that @Sans-RO i'm impressed, it's whatever works for you I guess. We chat on the phone and facetime on weekends - I guess it helps to be really busy? When im not busy and just sitting at home I find it much much harder.

Community Manager

@Glass_half_full that's an interesting point about  the difference between your long distance relationship and the normal distance relationship (we need a better name for that). 

Do you think that you could be really into someone from a distance but not into them up close and personal? Anyone else is free to chime in! 

Community Manager

@Bay52VU argh that's pretty scary! If you don't mind me asking, do you feel content with the way things are? Or would you one day want him a little closer to you? 

Post Mod

@Bay52VU that's intense, I get that though, it's hard not knowing what's going on on their end and you can't always be there for them. But my motto is that, distance means so little when a person means so much

Mod

Yeah wow @Bay52VU that would be so tough! I have only done long distance within Australia but I have had friends that have done long distance overseas. I can only imagine how hard that would be, it would be really hard to be here and not know. I guess it goes to show you that a deep connection is hard to find and it's worth it? What do you think?

Frequent scribe

@Sans-RO Hello and nice to 'bump' into you too! Yes being able to video chat as of late has really caused a lot of issues between us and the other day I told him that I really missed video chatting with him because as much as I love talking to him in any way I can, even if it is through text, I miss seeing him and hearing his voice. But today HE was the one who asked if we wanted to video chat which was a big thing, so that's what I'm doing now as well as this Smiley Happy

Mod

aww @OmNomPineapples that sounds wonderful! Smiley Happy

Im not sure about your question @Ben-RO both the long distance relationships I was in, I met the person first and we dated in the same city for a while before doing long distance. I can imagine an emotional question being developed before seeing someone I guess?

Builder

Yeah I was like constantly on their power service website watching for updates on when areas got it restored, and was low-key trying to figure out what materials would be available to safely construct some sort of temporary heating system @Ben-RO @Glass_half_full.

I'd like to be closer to him @Ben-RO. We just haven't been able to figure out the logistics of it.

Yeah agreed @Glass_half_full.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Top High Fived Authors