Post Mod

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

@Ben-RO  Lets call that normal distance relationship NDR haha. 

yes ben, I really do think that you could be into someone over social media or phone and not find that chemistry in person. That is what freaked me out when I first considered being in a long dist. I had seen my fiance once but that was it. After that we clicked instantly and everything fit but I told him I don't want anything until we meet again because I was afraid of letting him down if I didn't feel that connection in person. I was also afraid that he might not feel the same about me either. That's the thing about chemistry, you either click or you don't and clicking over the phone and facebook isn't necessarily the best predictor of what it is going to be like when you meet. My advice is to take it slow with long distance and meet several times before you fully commit ot it. 

Community Manager

I hope you two find a way one day @Bay52VU!

Mod

Okay guys, so I guess this brings us to the next question which is

What are some of the benefits of being in a long distance relationship?

Post Mod

@Stealth_ninja and @Sans-RO I think facetime is definitely a good way to connect more obviously. I  have literally facetimes my fiance a hand ful of times. we are just too busy and it works to talk on the phone every night instead. I guess you just have to find what works for you 

Community Manager

Considering you are now planning to spend the rest of your life with your LDR partner, i shall take you advice on board @Glass_half_full!

Builder

@Ben-RO I do think that you can develop relationships differently over a distance, especially over the internet. Like I have this friend at school who I talk (type) to over Skype about everything and anything, but in person we talk about trivial surface level stuff and it's sometimes awkward. Although neither of us are great socially so that may have something to do with it...

Mod

That's such a great point @roseisnotaplant!! There is kind of a freedom that comes from speaking online when speaking in person is so daunting! I guess thats part of the reason RO is great and it's easier to speak on here sometimes compared to telling someone in person. That would be a benefit Smiley Happy

Builder

Yeah it does seem to be worth it @Stealth_ninja even if it's just as friends it's awesome to get that sort of connection with someone.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Community Manager

@roseisnotaplant that's a really interesting point! When you have only one type of contact with a person, it can shape your relationship with them? 

Sometimes i think LDR's are actually better than NDR's because they help you focus on stuff that's actually really important, like communication and trust! 

Post Mod

@Ben-RO Thank you Ben, I just got really really lucky because he is a great guy and the distance allowed me to take my time and think with my head as oposed to jumping in to it and potentially ruining it. LDR can be really great with the right person. My sister was in a LDR for 6 years and she married him last year. She is so happy! I think the novelty of love increases with the distance and you learn to appreciate eachother so much more when you're finally together. 

Top High Fived Authors