Frequent scribe

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

What are some of the benefits of being in a long distance relationship?

One benefit would be that you appreciate every moment you have with that person when you get the chance. I'm sure in the end things will be so much more worth it. 

Mod

I think there is something about having to go through long distance that makes your relationship really strong. I find that in my relationship I have to actively choose to be in it every day, and it tests us and we have to have a lot of difficult conversation sometimes but it makes our relationship so much stronger and I think we are more sure about each other. I also think there is less pressure to do everything together and it kind of makes you conscious of not being completely dependent on someone else for everything ( co-dependent )but being inter-dependent which is a much healthier way of being in a relationship where you are two independent people that choose to share life together. It's kind of beautiful.

Community Manager

@OmNomPineapples absolutely agreed! I also reckon you will have some amazing relationship skills too. The kind that people who have only had an NDR sometimes never develop. 

Mod

yeah im just going to continue agreeing with @OmNomPineapples cause that's very true as well! Really value time together !

Post Mod

What are some of the benefits of being in a long distance relationship?

- Taking things slow/ thinking with your head 

- Having meaningful conversations regularly

- Being productive and working towards your goald without wanting to see your partner all the time (I know I would procrastinate like hell if he was here)

- You learn to not take eachother for granted 

- You learn that little things aren't worth fighting about, especially when you see eachother so rarely 

Builder

Quick unrelated question: When does one use a high five?

Frequent scribe

@roseisnotaplant I have no idea, I just high five if I agree with something.
Mod

hey @roseisnotaplant you can high five people when you like what they wrote or you agree with them or just generally think they're awsome! They'll get a little notification saying that you high fived them and if they're anything like me it'll make them feel really good Smiley Very Happy 

Builder

@Stealth_ninja Cool, thank you Smiley Happy

Mod

I am too lazy to go through the whole thread, but that won't stop me from adding my cents! Smiley Tongue
Anyway, I have a few long distance friendships. In fact, I finally have the stamps to send my postcards, although I still need to send them. It's hard, especially since I'm bad at communicating but yeah. It's neat to have friends over the place but a bit hard too.
Top High Fived Authors