Frequent scribe

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

What are some ways we can feel close to our partners or friends although so far? 

Something that I do is send random loving messages throughout the day so that they know that I'm there Smiley Happy Or sometimes if I get up at crazy o clock I send a message that they can read when I get up. 

Also I have something on me every day that he has given me. He gave me this lovely opal necklace about four months into our relationship that I accidently broke and feel bad about, BUT I still have the charm which I carry around in my pocket. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or miss him I just hold in my hands the charm and it makes me feel closer to him knowing it's something he got for me. 

Mod

omg I love letters!!! I sent my partner a letter for his birthday but mostly phone calls, facetime but the most important one is easily making the time to see each other and be with each other. It's kind of fun to also share experiences like exploring a new city or choosing where to live. 

Frequent scribe

@Glass_half_full Definitely agree! Even if we don't get to talk during the day I always make sure I say goodnight and good morning.
Community Manager

What are some ways we can feel close to our partners or friends although so far?

Oh there are so many ways! I think routine is important, for example every Tuesday night I watch an episode or two of a show with my partner. We just finished Stranger Things by the way Smiley Tongue 

So we get on a google hangouts video thingy... and then we catch up for a bit, but then we just watch a show together, it's weird but it's also amazingly awesome and makes us both feel a bit closer, more so than just spending the whole time talking would i think...even if there is a lot of talking, too Smiley Tongue 

Builder

[ Edited ]

Skyping with the parents lol @Ben-RO

Instant messaging, making pretend meals (e.g. I get a pretend packed lunch for work every day - today's was a ham and cheese sub with a salad, cheetos and chocolate spiders), watching movies/tv shows at the same time.

And as @Glass_half_full said, having a good morning/good night routine. Mine's slacked off lately cause I just can't get home from work in time for it not to be way too late due to the time difference... But it'll help when his daylight savings swaps over.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Frequent scribe

Sorry to hear that @j95 ! 

Here's a picture of a sophisticated fish:

soFISHticated.jpg

Mod

Aww ben that sounds wonderful! That's a good idea that I might try and adopt. We find it hard to do things on weekdays though because we both have such long days. 

Mod

omg sophisticate fish is such a boss

Post Mod

@Ben-RO I like that Ben, I'm the same. we watched suits, new girl and GOT. Monday night was our fave when GOT was on. Is stranger things any good? 

Builder

@OmNomPineapples, I think you've just found my new desktop background...

Top High Fived Authors