Mod

[CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

[ Edited ]

Year 12 is over, you've got your results and you're sitting there thinking: what happens now?

Lectures, tutorials, majors and minors - the lingo used in the glossy pamphlets can seem like jibberish at first.

simpsons

Then there's the other worries you might be having: How will I make new friends? What do I do if I'm not enjoying my course? Is it possible to pay attention in lectures without falling asleep? (Hint: it's not Smiley Tongue)

sleep

So whether you're just starting out or you've been studying forever, join us here at 8pm AEDT on Monday 23rd January, or click reply to start the discussion now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Super star contributor

Re: [CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

Omg I did fall asleep in a lecture in 2nd year and I was even trying to take notes to stay awake - the lights were dimmed so it made sleeping had to resist Smiley LOL

Builder

Aww man, I can't make this one. But have a good chat everyone, looking forward to reading it later Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Hey Everyone!!

The GR is now livee! Welcomeeee 

Mod

Hello everyone!
Mod

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! As I'm sure most of you are aware, university offers went out recently, so we figured it would be a good time to discuss making the move from high school to...whatever's next, be that TAFE, an apprenticeship or university.

Going from the structured format of a 9-3pm high school schedule to higher education can be a big change, so we figured we'd ask our lovely community members to share a little about what you think the change might be like, what their pathways are (and from oldies like myself, what the process was ACTUALLY like, and see if we can't steal some handy survival tips Smiley Tongue

onward

During tonights discussion please remember to follow the community guidelines. If at any point you feel distressed or overwhelmed please contact Lifeline [13 11 14] or Kids Help Line [1800 55 1800]

Super star contributor

Hey, I've already finished undergrad so I may be helpful, or if if you think I'm tooo old I'll go Smiley Tongue

Builder

Hey everyone
Mod

Lets start it off with the first question!!

In what ways do you think higher education will be/has been different to high school?

Mod

(Don't worry @loves netball I'm in the same boat as you are Smiley Tongue.)

Top High Fived Authors