Builder

Re: [CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

What do you want to study/what are you studying/what have you finished studying at uni/tafe/apprentiship?

I just completed my undergrad in Psychology and will be starting my honours in psych in March! A bit nervous... but also ready to get back into things after such a long break!

Mod

@Asche wow that is brutal - what work do you have to do before the semester starts? (do I want to know this as a bachelor student haha...)
Mod

thank you @May_! Smiley Very Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Oooo! Neuroscience would be interesting too @Asche!
Mod

@sapphire38 congrats! I am also really excited to go back to uni as I haven't had classes since June last year (2nd semester was placement) and miss it so much! (Well I miss lectures ....not the assignments so much)
Builder

lots of psychology students here, thats awesome
Mod

What do you want to study/what are you studying/what have you finished studying at uni/tafe/apprentiship?

Well i did an undergrad that i didnt like btu now im doing a master degreee that I LOVEEEE. My advice is definitely take the time to choose something and dont be afraid to change until you find something you care about and want to do!

Super star contributor

This will be me come March, when it's 8am to late classes and trying to learn everything about the musculoskeletal system.. muscles, bones, everything that can wrong, all the tests that can determine muscle weakness, nerves...

Disney Pixar disney monster pixar disney gif 

Mod

@loves netball am I the only one guilty of just refusing to go to 8am lectures? Smiley Tongue I get more out of them when I watch them in my own time/when I am awake hehe
Mod

@May_ It's actually not so bad. We have pretty decent facilities here (fridge, microwave, computers. Animals to pet, etc.) so it's quite as tragic as I'm making it out to be. It's also mostly my own fault - my Honours officially start next week, so I'm getting a headstart by running a draft ethics proposal by my supervisor and going through some of the coursework from last year.

Plus it helps get me out of my room, which currently looks like this: book overload

...because I'm compulsively hoarding my notes/textbooks from the past 5 years on the very, very off chance I might need them for something (I won't. And if I DID, I'd never find what I needed in that chaos. It's mostly a giant fire hazard at this point.)

Top High Fived Authors