Mod

Re: [CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

Hahaha @loves netball - reminds me of when I was taking neuroanatomy. It's really cool stuff to learn though! I never knew how much I didn't know about my body until I started taking anatomy and physiology courses. Now I've learned precisely when to take my coffee to get the most out of it. Which probably sounds unimpressive, but it's a real lifesaver when it come so finals, believe me.

Coffee science

Speaking of time, I have to get going or else I'm actually going to get stranded at uni. Looking forward to reading up on the conversation later tonight guys!

Builder

Just wanted to say hey. Being in yr11 it's kinda hard to answer some of these questions but I'll probably follow along.
Builder

wait.. so if you dont go to your classes at uni you don't fail based on attendance? what???
We fail units if we dont show up to 80% of them.. which sucks if its a short unit of like 5 classes Smiley Sad
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

I have to get going as well. Looking forward to reading the rest of the chat tomorrow!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

@letitgo as someone who is interested in doing honours in psychology - if you don't mind me asking, did you do anything differently in your application the second time around that you think contributed to your success?
Builder

What can you do if you don't get in to the course you wanted to get into?

I think the first thing to do is to not panic. I know plenty of people who did not get into the course they orginally wanted or even into university. What school's sometimes don't stress is that there are many more options if you don't get accepted into your course/uni. I know a few people who started a bridging course into uni and by the time they finished that some of them wanted to study something completely different anyway and others realised that uni was not actually for them and went off to do full time work. I know others started a course because they didn't initially get into what they wanted, but then after doing well in their "second option" they were able to transfer and study what they really wanted. There is always a way to get around things, and in my experience, everything always works out the way it should, and who know you might end up loving your second choice more Smiley Happy 

Mod

hey @FootyFan26 happy to have you along and reading anyway! Won't be long till it's could be you right?

Also @Asche please give me your coffee insight, i NEED to know. I drink coffee always haha

Mod

@letitgo goodnight! thanks for your contribution Smiley Happy
Mod

@Asche you gotta share that wisdom - when is the optimal coffee time? Smiley Tongue
Mod

[ Edited ]

@FootyFan26are you interested in going to uni/tafe? Smiley Happy if so what do you think you want to study?

Top High Fived Authors