Builder

Re: [CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

[ Edited ]

@Stealth_ninjaI really have no clue what I want to do. I'm pretty lost atm but I just want to focus on doing well in VCE. @May_

Mod

Totally agree with @sapphire38 and everyone else but there being heaps of other options! I wish schools told you what they were though, sometimes they don't give young peopel enough info and they think their dream is over if they don't get in straight away. I think its completely normal to change around and start somewhere you didn't originally think, I also think it makes you question what you want and what is right for you which is also a good thing cause when you do figure it out its probably better than if you just went with something you got the ATAR for.

I got into a degree that i ended up not liking at all so it can go either way!

@j95 some of my classes have tutes that are compulsory attendance, and those have the 80% thing you mentioned I was more talking about courses that are just one lecture a week. So i guess it depends?

Builder

what subjects are you doing @FootyFan26 ?
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

@FootyFan26 that's fair enough. What subjects are you doing this year?
Builder

yeah true @Stealth_ninja Smiley Happy
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

I think thats totally normal @FootyFan26! I dont think i really knew what i wanted in year 11, sometimes im not sure what i want NOW haha but awsome that you have a goal to work towards. I think that's great Smiley Happy

Builder

@j95 a bit of an unethical mix of History, Legal, PE, Health, Food and English. Not doing maths might of been a bit of a mistake though.
Builder

People keep beating you to the questions @May_! Smiley Tongue
Builder

Nice @FootyFan26 congrats on getting to year 11, good effort!
Mod

@FootyFan26 I didn't do maths and I am really thankful that I didn't because I probably wouldn't have gotten into the course I am doing now if I forced myself to do it. I think it's really important to do subjects that you love/enjoy/think you are good at rather than subjects that get marked up. My best subject was studio arts (which gets marked down a fair bit)!
Top High Fived Authors