Mod

Re: [CHAT]: Transitioning to higher education

@FootyFan26 haha I'm too slow tonight Smiley Tongue
Builder

I know absolutely nothing about atars just saying haha
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I have a question:
Does anyone get bored doing the same thing everyday? Like work wise? Same job, same skills, same info?

This is something that has worried me because I never have long-term interests.
Builder

Next question!

4. What are you looking forward to about studing at Uni or Tafe? What are you worried about?

Builder

@Alison5 for me, my job is outdoors and quite different every day/each job we have so I haven't really found myself getting board but at times I've though gee I'd really like to give something else a shot but I've committed myself to an apprenticeship. I've thought sometimes about just working casually at like a cafe or soemthing and just living a pretty chilled lifestyle by the beach, but let's be real, it probably wouldn't turn out as good as I hoped and I'd probably be poor Smiley Tongue
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

[ Edited ]

Hey @Alison5, its a great and interesting question because the first degree i did led me to a job where I felt that but I think if you find something you really enjoy you can make space to be creative within it and that's what keeps it interesting. Also, professions or companies that believe in career progression will support you to keep growing in that way.

Also just an interesting fact, its totally normal to change your career, or move slightly sideways or end up doing something different than you expected a few times in your life. It happens to everyone! I guess thats what makes it exciting? but also good to remember that you have a lot of time! And it's okay to change!

Mod

@j95 neither do I Smiley Tongue

Is there anyone on this chat from QLD? Because boy, does the OP system suck.
Builder

What are you looking forward to about studing at Uni or Tafe? What are you worried about?

I'm looking forward to the freedom - as in, me being in control of my schedule etc. 

I'm worried i'll lose interest and do like 10 different courses that I don't enjoy anyway and therefore rake up a huge debt.

Builder

This year I'm looking forward to learning more therefore getting use the new skills in my workplace and be given more and more responsbility and ability to work on my own. I'm worried about my struggles with reading and general learning needs.
Builder

Thanks @j95 and @Stealth_ninja. Fingers crossed Smiley Happy
Top High Fived Authors