Mod

[CHAT] Valentine's, Schmalentine's

With Valentine's Day coming up and the stores being filled with flowers and chocolates to sell, it's time to get a little romantic. Valentine's Day makes itself very apparent when it near arguably rivals Christmas even though it's celebrated by a lot less people.

giphy (2).gif

"What if I don't have a special someone to celebrate it with?", some of you are surely thinking. Ever felt the pressure heighten particularly on this day or see it as a stark reminder of what you're missing? Well you've found the perfect discussion!

giphy.gif

So how do you feel about Valentines Day and the pressure from Cupid? Just a meaningless holiday or a nice reminder to appreciate the people we love in our life? Share your thoughts by joining us here on Valentine's Day Eve at 8pm AEDT on Monday, February 13th to discuss what is truly important on Valentine's Day!

Mod

Re: [CHAT] Valentine's, Schmalentine's

HELLO EVERYONE

We are now live!! Welcomeeeee

Mod

Heya Everyone!

Tonight, we are talking about that one day in February where we celebrate all things love. Some people call it Valentine’s Day, I call it Tuesday.

n

But don’t be put off by that, we are very accepting here and will be talking all things pro- and anti- valentine’s day.

If at all you find this conversation difficult, distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to call lifeline (13 11 12) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800).

If you are new or need a refresher of our community guidelines, you can find them here.

So without further ado, here is our first question:

How do you feel about Valentines day?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

Heeeey Smiley Very Happy

Builder

hey everyone, im looking forward to this chat
Builder

HI everyonee!!! Smiley Happy

I think it's pretty fun like I get the whole thing about you should always love your partner every day but its kinda nice how theres a day set aside of it?? Also theres always heaps of sales and special promotions on valentines lmao

Mod

Hey everyone! I'm going to have such boring answers because I don't care about romance at all Smiley Tongue

I don't feel anything about it. I really don't give any focus to it at all, I mean at school it was really annoying (and kind of made me sad, because I never got anything) but now that I'm out of school, it's really chill. I wouldn't even notice it really, just as a oh yeah, it's that.
Super star contributor

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

Builder

I think as a concept it's pretty neat, although I can see how for a lot of people it could be tough. It hasn't been a very significant day in my life so far Smiley Tongue

Mod

Hey @Stealth_ninja and @stonepixie!

How do you feel about Valentine's Day?

As someone who's never been in a relationship, I've never had cause to be overly excited by Valentine's Day or to look forward to it. However, I can understand the appeal for those who are in a happy relationship and enjoy the opportunity to lavish their loved one/ones with affection. That being said, I think it's important to show the people we love that we love them everyday, not just on this one holiday. In addition, the emphasis on romantic love could be difficult for some people to deal with, for various reasons, and I don't like that. 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Top High Fived Authors