Builder

Re: [CHAT] Valentine's, Schmalentine's

What are some ways we can reinvent this “holiday”?

Encourage people to make up their own unique way of showing their loved ones how much they care and not having expectations put on other people.

Builder

See you @letitgo! Thanks for your input, have a good week Smiley Very Happy

Builder

I see a recurring theme is extending it from just romantic relationships to pretty much all relationships which I really love cause I would say they're just as important as romantic relationships

Mod

Thanks fot all your help @letitgo ! yeah i agree with a lot of what everyone is saying, also maybe reframing so that its less about spoiling and being with one person and more about spending time with people you love regardless! And just maybe being grateful for the love we have

Builder

Night @letitgo
Mod

Flowing on for some of the things everyone has been saying about reframing valentines day, 

What are some positive ways to celebrate friendship and companionship, whether romantic or otherwise?

Super star contributor

I've got to go to bed too, thanks for a great chat everyone! Smiley Happy

Builder

What are some positive ways to celebrate friendship and companionship, whether romantic or otherwise?

There are lots of things you could do - I think the simplest and most effective thing to do is just say the words. 'Yo, thanks for being an awesome friend, I super appreciate it,' except obviously more thoughtful and less cheesy Smiley Tongue

Mod

Just being there. Emphasising the friendship rather than the romance as well. I mean, I guess romance is nice and all (I wouldn't know) but because valentine's day has had such a huge focus on romantic love, it kind of overshadows all the other kinds of love out there and that overshadowing needs to be pushed back by light, and by light, I mean knowledge Smiley Tongue
Builder

Goodnight @DruidChild Smiley Very Happy

Top High Fived Authors