Community Manager

Re: ANGRY

Hey @j95@RandomName@N1ghtW1ng @lokifish, we're getting started in 5 mins! 

Mod

@Ben-RO I don't know if I'll be joining tonight, I'm feeling lazy Smiley Tongue
Post Mod

Hello and welcome to GR! Tonight we will be talking..... anger.

Before we get started, please keep in mind our community guidelines for the duration of the discussion.

If for any reason you feel distressed or need to talk to someone please do no hesitate to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, KHL on 1800 55 1800 (or via chat service) or beyondblue on 1300 22 4636 (or via chat).

Let’s start with identifying how we experience anger…

What does anger feel like, for you?

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Post Mod

@N1ghtW1ng I'm with you! But, here we go

Intense, highly strung, reactive, aggressive

Builder

It's an feeling that takes over my body and my thoughts, everything annoys me when I'm getting angry or I'm angry about something and I struggle holding it in. It feels like my whole body and my mind is just full of negative thoughts and the only way to calm down is to hit something
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

oh yeah Hi
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Hi awesome people. 

I get restless, wound up, tight, like my hands and legs are going eexplod, frustrated, agitated, idk I don't like getting angry so don't usually feel it. 

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hm. I haven't gotten angry for quite a while now. Before though, it felt like something strange inside me want to seize control of whatever was around so I could feel superior. It was a very strange feeling. Since I don't get angry a lot, I feel like it just becomes worse when it does happen.

I'd also like to hear others' opinion on how big the perceived difference is between anger and hatred.

Post Mod

Tense feeling in my chest, I clench my jaw and all the muscles in my face. I become snappy and am irritated by little things. I find it really difficult to be flexible with my expectations of how things should be carried out. I find it hard to focus on anything other than what is making me angry.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Community Manager

Anger can feel like a lot of things. For me, sometimes it can be feeling "wound up" almost like a physical sensation in the back of my head, my blood rushes and simple things like communicating somehow feel very difficult! Other times it can be more of a slow thing where i don't feel great about something but don't really realise i'm angry about it until i think about it a bit more...anger seems to come in many shapes and forms! 

Top High Fived Authors