Post Mod

Re: ANGRY

Less intense anger for me would just be when I am irritable and in a grump and frustrated.  I won't find things funny and I'll feel a bit wound up.  Mum usually lets me know when this is the case!

Mod

I guess the less intense version is that I get really snappy. I don't want anyone to talk to me or ask me anything unless I speak first, because I want to talk by talking to them. Or my actions are snappy and rude. I don't want to be near them. I want them to go away, especially if I'm angry at them.
Community Manager

Cool, so i think i'm hearing that there are some layers to the anger and that for a lot of us there are feelings of anger that happen before we get to the really really intense anger. where we "flip our lids"  is that about right?

Post Mod

It seems like you are all really aware of how you feel when you get made, which is great! Also, @RevzZ, we've made it a question

Okay next q

What sorts of things can trigger anger?

Post Mod

@N1ghtW1ng you're about to hit 9,000 posts! Smiley Happy
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Mod

@ClCl I am? I'm on mobile, so I can't see Smiley Tongue
Post Mod

For me: things not going as I had planned them to in my head; people being incompetent who are in a position where they should have things more organised (like businesses, service providers); people who are not giving children the best access to opportunities for development; too much background noise, flashing lights or strong smells.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Builder

[ Edited ]

What does anger feel like, for you?

Tension throughout my body, fast pulse, feeling like I won’t be able to cope unless I do something explosive/aggressive/destructive.

Do any of you feel less intense versions of anger?

Definitely various levels of irritability for ongoing/repetitive stuff. But usually a single reaction (without a build up)  to whatever level if it's a one-off thing, or a thought about something that's happened previously.

Repetitive disruption, hearing arguments/shouting/criticism (whatever way it's directed), thoughts/judgements.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Mod

Anger triggers? Quite sure everything has the potential to be an anger trigger. From small things like stepping on a lego to being betrayed. I think it very much depends on what a person's temperament is like and how prone they are to getting angry. Being more prone to anger could potentially make trigger their anger on a wider variety of things (isn't always the case though. Could be angry at just a single thing).

Personally, I only get angry when I see or hear unfair treatment of others. It's funny how it can be a good thing. Allows you to take action when you normally wouldn't and spurs you on.

Mod

Annoying little brothers, or other siblings. Things that you hate or dislike. A whole lot of stress or overwhelmed feelings or worry. Because the feelings are often the cause behind out-of-the-blue anger.
Top High Fived Authors