Community Manager

Re: ANGRY

So some of us feel guilty or bad about anrgry and some of us feel a bad about the aftermath, i always think it's interesting when people have different experiences! 

I personally often feel bad about being angry and it's taken me a while to learn that sometime's its reasonable to be upset or angry about something and it's what you do with that anger that could be okay or not okay 

Post Mod

So @N1ghtW1ng, @redhead, and @ClCl, just clarifying that you all feel guilty for feeling mad?

Post Mod

Yes, I do.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Builder

Most of the time I feel guilty when I'm angry at someone (especially if it's towards one of my family members) because I think about how maybe I could've said it in a nicer way and not raise my voice to get my point across. 

But when I am angry because I am feeling stressed, I don't feel as guilty. And I think maybe it's because that burst of anger just happened and I don't feel like that was within my control...

Mod

@N1ghtW1ng Ah yes. That reminds me of another benefit of anger. What happens after. When we get angry over small things and have a chance to look over it later, we do learn and perhaps strengthens our ability to handle it the next time it comes around. I don't know if it's true since I heard it somewhere but Julius Caesar had a 3 day cooldown after you wanted to get revenge on someone before you were allowed to legally take action. Hope someone can confirm.

Post Mod

I agree @ryvb3 or I feel guilty about thinking negative things about them due to the anger. When I know I love them no matter what.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Mod

@tsnyder I guess. It's more like I feel guilty for getting mad. The difference is probably non-existent, but it's like why'd I even get mad in the first place? Although personally, I don't think of it as mad. Mad to me feels more like a light anger. I feel guilty for getting mad and what I did while I was angry.

Now that I'm on my laptop, this is so much easier Smiley Tongue
Community Manager

@RevzZ I am googling this! 

Post Mod

@RevzZ I hope that's a true fact, because if it is, it's very cool.

Well that's really interesting! I'd never considered feeling guilty over anger before (I guess we learn something new every day!). 

Community Manager

Okay I can't find this fact, but also i am not an ancient Roman historian @RevzZ So i am going to say it's true until proven otherwise Smiley Tongue 

Top High Fived Authors