Builder

Re: ANGRY

I deffo feel guilty over feeling angry, but then flick the switch to feeling angry at myself instead.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Builder

[ Edited ]

I get so angry all the time! And I don't know how to handle it or stop it or why it is so reoccuring and intense. My best coping stratigie at the moment is hitting things there are a couple holes in the walls and i have hurt myself pretty bad doing that! I need coping stratigies someone give me an idea! Thanks in advance these group forums are really good! Smiley Frustrated

Post Mod

Thats what I do too @Bay52VU
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Builder

[ Edited ]

@ClCl I know what you mean! my parents are always telling me how a 'lady' should act! I am far from it haha I play cricket and footy and hang out with the boys and they hate it!

Post Mod

There are many ways we can express or release anger which arent very productive, a few of which we have all mentioned tonight.

What are some productive ways of expressing or coping with anger?

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Community Manager

Hey @maggiem! It sounds to me like you have a kind of coping strategy but that it's one that hurts you a bit too. A good place to start might to be think of different ways to cope with the anger that don't hurt you, or someone else. Then once you have got the hang of that, you can also work to understand a bit more about where the anger is coming from, and perhaps to be able to see the anger coming.

I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions for @maggiem that they could try using when they feel like they have a lot of anger and need to deal with it?  

Builder

What are some productive ways of expressing or coping with anger?

exercise, talking it through with someone, writing i tdown, listening to heavy music,

Post Mod

Hi @maggiem thanks for joining us! It sounds like your anger gets really intense and you have a tough time finding ways to calm down?  Before you hit things what do you usually try?

Builder

@tsnyder I sometimes try and listen to music or go for a walk but with the stuff going on at the moment I kind of just go from 1 to 100 straight away.
Mod

Hey @maggiem. I could suggest redirecting hitting somewhere else? Does it necessarily have to be the wall or have you tried getting an actual punching bag as well? One step at a time Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors