Builder

Re: [Chat] Cures for Loneliness

That cupcake gif was sheer awesomeness, I think it's good enough for all of us! Smiley Tongue
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Mod

@Ben-RO yum! i love cupcakes

yeah, I think in movies the conversations flow well and everything goes smooothly, but in real life, sometimes there's those awkward moments when no one knows what to say next

Community Manager

Okay but I.O.U one gif @Chloee 

And now, here's a follow up question... lets get our fears out in the open! 

What are some of the things you worry about going wrong?

Mod

The movies brainwash us I swear!!! I can't see the cupcake, now I feel like one haha

Does anyone else eat when they're lonely :/
Mod

For me I think a lot of it is around being made to feel different or like I don't belong - I was bullied a lot when I was youger so I guess thats why.
Builder

@cupcakes_032 movies are never a good standard for real life situations!! Smiley LOL

@Ben-RO I worry that after the conversation they will think that I'm unlikeable, and they might talk to others behind my back and laugh about me.

I have overcome this (a little bit) because firstly, I think it's exhausting trying to not be myself (like... it's REALLY difficult), and secondly, because I think if I am myself, it is easier to filter out the ones that won't like me! You get better quality friends if you are just yourself from the onset.
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Community Manager

Yes @Stealth_ninja I eat when i am lonely. But I also just eat all the time because i love food (and cupcakes) so much. 

What are some of the things you think are likely to go wrong?

My number one fear is rejection. Specifically some kind of subtle rejection, like not being invited to a thing, like an event or something. 

Mod

@Chloee yeah, i've heard of that quote before and it has really helped me talk to people. For me, it helps to ask questions and get to know the other person a bit more first. Then I sort of start opening up more when I feel more comfortable in the situation..

@Stealth_ninja just today i was thinking of treating myself with a cupcake when i'm feeling down and lonely, as a self care thing

Builder

What are some of the things you worry about going wrong?

• Prolonged silence
  • Embarrass myself
  • Offend someone
  • Awkward moments
  • Seem rude or something alike that wasn't intended
Builder

[ Edited ]

@FootyFan26 I worry about offending people too! I have a really blunt and sarcastic sense of humour that I fear strangers may be offended by. Trying to tone it down now, and I mainly just use it around my closest friends who understand me

Top High Fived Authors