Mod

Re: [Chat] Cures for Loneliness

Yeah what he said Smiley Tongue
Builder

Thanks @Stealth_ninja and @Ben-RO

What are some of the good things that can come from meeting new people? 

Fraaaaaands! Heart

And meeting like-minded people who you can do the things you love with! 

Also: creating fun memories, and sometimes even creating a positive buzz that sort of consumes your day and you get distracted from all your worries because you are thinking about how you met these new people and how much fun you had with them!

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Mod

You might really connect with someone, learn new things, and it could be some new experience that challenges previous beliefs about how conversations go and what other people are like

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hope it helps a little @Chloee I think the whole idea of thinking about how to overcome bad experiences is a whole GR or special discussion worth of conversation all by itself. Maybe we should run one? 

Mod

Community Manager

@Dani i just saw the below post and thought it was worth a reply. Again, great point. I reckon that sometimes it's not meant to be, sometimes we need to give people a nudge to remind them of how awesome we are and perhaps it's also just about trying to meet a bunch of people because the more we meet, the more chances we have of finding people we really mesh with. What do you think? 

Dani wrote:

What are some of the things you think are likely to go wrong?

Some people think that first impressions are really important but I think it's more about not getting a chance to build on it.  So I worry about the conversation not going anywhere and it all being over before it's had a chance to start. But then again sometimes it's just not meant to be, can't be forced. So another thing to go wrong could be when people try to force it, going back to trying too hard.

Builder

[ Edited ]

@Ben-RO I don't know why but I can't high five you! Smiley Sad 

Yes, I think that would make a really good discussion! It would be really interesting to see what has worked for others...

[Edit: now I can high five!]

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

Finding like minded people is great for conversations and feeling accepted.

Meeting new people and making new friends grows our support base and gives us more ways to have a good day or feel like we have made someone elses day.

Community Manager

@Chloee lets do it! Go make a post in the Builder's thread and we'll get organised Smiley Happy 

And it's almost 10pm (AEDT). Which means the live part of this chat is coming to a close. However please do feel free to keep chatting I'll just be asleep and won't read it all until tomorrow! 

For now, good night everybody! Thanks for a really excellent chat Smiley Happy 

Mod

goodnight!

Top High Fived Authors