Mod

[Chat] Cyberbullying

[ Edited ]

Raise your hand if you think cyberbullying sucks. I’m going to assume you just raised your hand, because cyberbullying is a pretty nasty experience.

Cyberbullying is basically any behaviour commited through an electronic device rather than face to face, that hurts or upsets another person. It could be in the form of emails, or text messages or Facebook posts, to name a few examples. No matter how it’s delivered, cyberbullying is not okay.

Image result for cyberbullying gifs

It can be hard to know where to go or what to do if you’re being cyberbullied or you know of cyberbullying that’s going on, and we’re going to address those and some other questions in our next Getting Real session.

Until then -

Image result for cyberbullying gifs

Join us on Monday the 13th of March at 8pm AEDT or reply now to be part of the conversation!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Re: [Chat] Cyberbullying

Going to have to miss this one. (Exam prep) but look forward to reading your responses.
Builder

Hey everyone! Welcome to tonight's GR! We're going to explore Cyberbullying, this is a little tougher than some of the topics that we cover so it's extra important to look after yourself. If you start to feel a little stressed, take a break, we will keep the thread open and you can always keep chatting at a later date Smiley Happy 
We have a tab at the top of the screen if you need emergency help at all and there is the option of using the Toolbox feature if you're not sure what kind of help you need. 

Remember to have a read of our community guidelines if you're unfamiliar with them. 

Now, lets chat!

Our first question for the night is...
What is cyberbullying?
Builder

Helloooo everyone Smiley Very Happy

Builder

Hey guys!
Builder

hey everyone and welcome Smiley Happy
Builder

What is cyberbullying?

Pretty sure it's bullying but cyber.

Was that a cop out?

It's being intimidating, threatening, or like generally mean to someone via means of the internet (and probably other technology like texting or whatever.)

Builder

Hey @roseisnotaplant and @FootyFan26 what do you two think cyberbullying is
Builder

I agree @roseitsnotaplant

Cyberbully is behaviour directed at somebody in a negative way through the use of techonology like phones, the internet etc.
It could be things like name calling, hacking accounts, sending nasty messages around
Builder

Hi everyone. (It's a public holiday here so this is weird lol)

Cyberbullying is when people bully you over technology, eg by text, facebook, email and all sorts of things.
Top High Fived Authors