Builder

Re: [Chat] Cyberbullying

so true @redhead @roseisnotaplant people might think its invisble because they can be whoever they want to be online
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Okay cool, time for the next Q!

Have you ever experienced Cyber-bullying? if you feel comfortable talking about it, tell us a bit about what happened.

Builder

Have you ever experienced Cyber-bullying? if you feel comfortable talking about it, tell us a bit about what happened.

When I was at school I go cyberbullied. I had this 'friend' who abused me over text and also hacked into social media and a few other sites I was using and changed it all. It got pretty nasty. My other friends tried getting the principal of my school involved but he said there was nothing to do coz it was done at home. This was 8-10 years ago. At least people are more aware now.
Builder

Not too much.  I have had one underage kid ask me to add him on Snapchat and send him nudes... really awkward and ended up blocking him.  He didn't even know what gender I was.  My picture was of a cat with my cat's name as my user!Smiley Surprised

Builder

Good point @redhead. There are a lot of things people weren't aware of at the time, society is evolving a lot.
Builder

Another thing, I was victim to a internet pedophile but that wasn't exactly bullying
Community Manager

Yep! I posted on a certain social media site about a certain political issue and a former friend of mine got suuuper aggresive about my views, it got pretty personal and really sucked. 

Builder

I have :-(

When I was a bit younger I got some people I didn't really want to associate myself with find me online and harrass me, they pretended to be someone else and get me talking to them like friends would.
I ended up having to delete all of my social media accounts. I had already changed my name online for other reasons yet they still found me so thats why I decided not to use any of those sites or apps anymore
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Nope, not really. Sometimes I see nasty YouTube comments and I'll like thumbs it down, but yeah. I don't really have any social media because I'm secretly a dinosaur (shh, don't tell).

Builder

I don't really post on social media so I can't get put in that situation. The scenario I shared happened while I was playing online poker
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count