Builder

Re: [Chat] Cyberbullying

I was in primary school when Habbo Hotel was a thing, yeah lol Smiley Tongue and I remember everybody used to fake their ages and have accounts on it, they'd play it on the library computers until it got banned because somebody was getting bullied
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

It sounds like our experiences of Cyberbullying are all a bit different and have happened in different forms like through gaming, some through text messages and social media platforms.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Next question!

Why might it be hard to talk about cyber-bullying?

Builder

It can be hard for a lot of reasons....

- People not taking you seriously because tone is hard to read online, so maybe they think you're just taking it the wrong way.
- People say to "just ignore it" when that is pretty tough
- They might be embarrassed
- They might of been threatened not to tell
Builder

I didn't talk about mine at first because I thought people wouldn't believe me or take me seriously. And when I eventually told someone (the principal of all people) said there was nothing they could do. It made me scared to report later abuse and bullying.
Builder

@FootyFan26 You keep changing your profile pic and it's very confusing Smiley Tongue

It can be hard to talk about lots of things. People might be embarrassed or feel a bit weird about talking about it, which is totally fine, but I don't think you need to be. I'm not really sure.

Builder

Yeah sorry, can't decide on the pic Smiley Tongue
It might be hard because the victim could be scared of repercussions from the abuser for telling someone and asking for help.
Builder

Awesome, next question;

What are some of the impacts of cyber-bullying?

Builder

Cyberbullying makes you scared to pick up your phone/go online for fear of messages. It can make you depressed and anxious. I didn't want to go to school to face the person who was abusing me during the evenings. I didn't know what to do.

Has anyone seen the movie 'Cyberbully' it's a good representation of what bullying can do to you and how to deal with it. It could be triggering so be careful
Builder

• Self-esteem issues
  • Becoming isolated
  • Become fearful of the bullies and/or places associated with them
  • Loss of focus
  • Become down or anxious
Top High Fived Authors