Post Mod

Re: [Chat] Forever alone :(

hey @Kitkat968696, thanks for coming on bouard tonight. thats a really tough one!
its so common for us to feel like turning to someone who once held that 'go-to' position in our lives when we needed support in the past. it can be a very difficult impulse to break to be honest.
its cool that you are seeking initiative and asking though.
do you have anyone else in your life who you think could support you when you are feeling lonely or in need of a chat?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Rookie scribe

I have friends and family. They've told me that it's wrong to go back to someone that i've let go. It's hard not to contact him, but i'll keep trying to be strong and not contact him again.
Post Mod

@khaleesi_18 isnt it ironic, that feeling lonely and without others understanding how you feel, is so common? it reminds me of this picturelifebuzz-7b37cb1c0637ec5a452d13076ffef132-limit_2000.jpg

Mod

@Craycray17 that's a really powerful picture - I like it! Partially why I like GR seshs actually Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow @Craycray17 what a powerful picture! Oops, sorry @khaleesi_18 I didn't mean to say the same thing as you! 

Post Mod

@Kitkat968696 i totally agree with you. its so hard. i found myself very lonely after a break up i had with an ex of mine, and i think this is a common time for people to feel lonely. thats really strong of you to acknowledge that it might not be a good idea to mesage them, but  i think its a normal feeling to want to.

do you think any of those friends or family members in particular would be helpful to chat to if you ever feel the need to turn to that ex? maybe you could let some of them know that when you feel like you need to talk, you might give them a buzz?

Post Mod

here's the next one, pals!

Can you be alone without feeling lonely?

Mod

@DruidChild great minds think alike! Smiley Tongue

Builder

Yep. I sit on the bus by myself most days and just sort of zone out and have some chill time and it's great.

Super star contributor

I think so. I think maybe if you're connecting with something that doesn't involve other people - like nature or a book or something - you can be alone without being lonely. I think connection and interest are more important than just being around people. But I think being alone for too long or too often, or if you need that kind of human connection, then being alone turns into loneliness. 

Top High Fived Authors