Mod

Re: [Chat] Forever alone :(

Can you be alone without feeling lonely?

Absolutely. It’s more than okay to enjoy your own company – sometimes I like chilling out by myself because it helps me to feel recharged.

Post Mod

Can you feel alone without feeling lonely?

i think it depends on the situation and the person. i sorta struggle with this one. sometimes i need to be alone because i feel like it will allow me to clear my head and relax, and other times i feel like all that would make me feel better would be a couple of friends for a laugh. this changes. i think its important to recognise that it is totally possible to be alone and also be content with that, just like @DruidChild said. its also not uncommon to struggle with this though
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

@Craycray17 Yeah I definitely agree that it changes. One day you might feel happy to have some time to hang out by yourself, and other times it's painful and you really want someone else around. And I think it's possible to be lonely for a specific person, not just people in general. So that can change as well, maybe? 

Mod

@roseisnotaplant I can relate to your bus chill out time - I really value my commute on PT sometimes, because I can listen to music, have a hot drink and settle into my morning before work Smiley Happy bus rides are fantastic opportunities to practice mindfulness too

Super star contributor

@roseisnotaplant @khaleesi_18 I catch so many buses, I'll have to try some mindfulness on my commute next time Smiley Happy 

Builder

Sorry everyone I'm having so technical difficulties so I'll have to leave for a bit 

Post Mod

@DruidChild yes! loneliness is so much more complicated than it seems at first glance. sometimes we can be surrounded by friends, but still be really missing a specific person, and i think that can count as loneliness for sure!

Post Mod

@j95 its all good man. when you arent having difficulties, feel free to discuss any questions you miss with me if you need Smiley Happy

Mod

It sounds like while alone time can be relaxing and beneficial, too much can result in feeling lonely. We might have days where we would prefer to have company... or not so much. Which is all totally normal and okay!

Next question time:

What are some activities that have worked for you in the past when you have felt lonely?

Community Manager

Can you be alone without feeling lonely?

Yes definitely! If you have that kind of emotional or social connection with people enough in your life, then alone times don't equal lonely times. Also a lot of people are introverted... which is a kind of scientific/kind of not scientific way of decribing your personality. Anyway, introverted people need some alone time to "recharge" their energy levels and are often said to feel drained by being around people all the time (i don't totally agree with this though Smiley Tongue

Also @j95, sorry i haven't been around heaps! Doing a lot of things for the builders stuff and also heaps of other cool things that i can't tell you about just yet! I will be back though! 

Top High Fived Authors