Super star contributor

Re: [Chat] Forever alone :(

@Craycray17 Exactly!! And sometimes you can be alone and you know there's only one person who fill the kind of emptiness you're feeling, however hard you try to connect with others. 

Post Mod

oooooohohohohohoh thats exciting @Ben-RO!!!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Builder

Yeah all good for the moment... I think
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super star contributor

What are some activities that have worked for you in the past when you have felt lonely?

Usually I try to focus away from the emptiness and towards something that I can feel. I like drinking tea, wearing something comforting, looking at nice colours, doing a grounding exercise, going for a walk, stuff like that. 

Builder

[ Edited ]

What are some activities that have worked for you in the past when you have felt lonely?

Well I think after what @Ben-RO described I am most definitely an introvert. I like to read, play guitar, listen to podcasts and other things as activities that work for me. Also online spaces where you can talk to people can work as well.

Post Mod

it might sound a little straight forward, but i just message someone and tell them. i think in the past i have thought 'argh will they think i am a sook if i say im feeling sad can i have a chat?" and once i just thought well to hell with it, and messaged a close friend exactly that. they were so kind, and i think it brought us closer together by allowing us to see that we can be honest with eachother!

When im home alone and feeling lonely and out of touch with people, i also chuck on tv for some comedy. it might sound weird, but hearing voices and laughs on tv tricks my mind to think that i am in a busy place, and i feel better hearing conversations and background noise to feel less isolated. i can imagine going to a cafe or the shops and walking around could help for others too, jsut to get out and about and surrounded by people.

Mod

@DruidChild nice one! Let me know how you go Smiley Happy that's really cool how you focus on external things when you're feeling lonely too.

@j95 no stress - hope everything gets resolved quickly

@roseisnotaplant what podcasts do you listen to?

Post Mod

@DruidChild you sound like youre totally all over mindfulness!!! engaging the senses is an awesome way to get yourself out of your head and into the presence, which is the goal of mindfulness. i love this idea, and will think of trying it next time i feel this way

@roseisnotaplant thats cool you have discovered that! introverts can get energy from having time alone, whilst extroverts get energy off being around others. thats cool that you know you might be an introvert, that could come in handy to recognise when you need time out alone and when you need the comfort of others!
Builder

@khaleesi_18 Mostly Dear Hank and John, which is a weekly comedy podcast by Hank and John Green. It's pretty fun.

Builder

@Craycray17 Yeah Smiley Happy Isn't there a name for what's between introvert and extravert? I think most people all into that category I just don't remember what it's called.

Top High Fived Authors