Mod

Re: Unofficial GR - Mental Health Month: Learn and Grow!

Welcome @roseisnotaplant glad you could join us! Don't worry, I think daylight savings is throwing people! Smiley Tongue

Mental Health Month: Learn and Grow. What does this mean to you?

I think it's super important that we all learn more about our mental health, what it looks like for us, how to maintain it and how to check in on ourselves and know when things aren't right. It can be challenging and complicated and something we need to grow in everyday. I think we also need to help others learn and grow more in the area of mental health, both in understanding their own and in reducing stigma and educating how to support others. 

Super star contributor

@kaysee That's a great point that growing and learning are interconnected, I definitely agree that neither can occur without the other. 

@roseisnotaplant Hence is a good word! Let's not let it die Smiley Tongue

Mod

@roseisnotaplant yes hence is definitely a word still in use! 

Mod

Great answers everyone! I'm seeing themes of education, application, skill development, sharing knowledge and skills, self-discovery, facing challenges and learning/growing through experience... 

We are kind of already touching on it, but next question: 

How can we learn and grow in our own mental health?

Super star contributor

(Cool questions by the way @Randomness

how can we we learn and grow in our own mental health?

By asking for help when we need it. By learning new skills. By talking to other people who've experienced similar things and learning to have empathy with other's experiences. By regularly practicing self care. By making goals that you care about (even if they're tiny or even if they're really far in the future). 

Builder

I've found online communities like this EXTREMELY helpful both for learning about myself, but also about what other people are going through and ways I can support others.

Builder

Talk, talk and talk! Smiley LOL Be open about our issues and encourage other people to. Ask for help and be willing to get help when we need it.
------

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world. x
Mod

Awesome subtle shoutout to RO there @roseisnotaplant! Woohoo!!! 

Loving all the mention of talking, asking for help, helping others and being open and empathetic! 

Mod

You've all given such awesome answers there's not much I can add! 

The 4 key themes of the campaign this year on how to learn and grow in mental health are: 

- Engage your mind

- Learn ways to stress less

- Listen to different views

- Share your passions

This touches on both ourselves and others, which brings me to the next question! 

How can we encourage others/society to learn and grow in the area of mental health and what kinds of things do you think people need to know?

Super star contributor

Great answers everyone!!! I'm off to bed because I have a horrible headache Smiley Sad Enjoy the rest of the chat, I'm looking forward to reading everyone's awesome responses tomorrow! Thanks for hosting @Randomness and all the builders who organised today Smiley Happy 

Top High Fived Authors