Builder

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

What can we do when we find ourselves without motivation and struggling to get things done?

One thing that I do when I'm getting bored and lacking motivating is just to stop doing it for a little while, usually no more than 24 hours. This just lets it get out of my system, let me focus on something different and then re-do it with fresh eyes, and usually re-motivates me.

Gonna head off now guys, this has been great, really good discussion!!
Community Manager

What can we do when we find ourselves without motivation and struggling to get things done?

Sometimes if I am not feeling motivated to do a thing, i consider whether or not i even need to do that thing. Sometimes i don't! 

It can also be a sign that the stress levels aren't right, whether that's because there's not enough to really motivate me, or too much to handle making me feel distracted or too wound up to do the thing. 

I also sometimes find it useful to talk to someone about it. Sometimes thinking through why i want to do a thing can help me get motivated again Smiley Happy 

Builder

I do that too @Alison5. I'm like, 'Okay, get out your pen, and then you can do whatever you want.' So I get out my pen and then ten minutes later I open my book and ten minutes later I write the heading etc. It's not very efficient, but if I'm not getting anything done anyway, it's better than nothing.

Community Manager

Thank you so much for the chat @tomo_13 and for writing the intro post too! Amazing work Smiley Happy 

Mod

It's way past my bedtime so I'm gonna head off now too. Thanks to everyone who helped out tonight! Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Thanks for all your awesome help @tomo_13 and @lokifish!!!

Builder

And I think that does it for tonight. I hope we can all take away some tips and advice on motivation and making those short and long term goals.

Thanks for your contributions tonight.

Sleep well!
Community Manager

Annnd it's time to wrap up the chat now anyway! Thanks to everyone for all your help this evening! It's been a great chat, and i have a few more tools in my brain belt now for getting and staying motivated, which is awesome Smiley Happy 

Have a lovely night! 

And a special thanks again to @tomo_13 for their first ever GR blog, Nice one! 

Builder

Thanks everyone! Goodnight, and have an awesome week! Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Goodnight to you all Smiley Happy And well done @tomo_13! You did great!

Top High Fived Authors