Builder

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

[ Edited ]

When is a time that you've been really motivated to work towards something?

The last few months I've been working on opening my own business so thats definitely something I had and have to have motivation for

also my apprenticeship

Mod

Hmmm... I find that I can get motivated to start lots of things - sticking with them long-term is the issue for me Smiley Tongue I've used motivation to work towards a uni degree, buy my first car and get help for my mental health issues Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@Ben-RO and one day I'll catch up to @j95... maybe Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

....Shortly before my assignments are due Smiley Tongue

I do struggle with motivation a lot but I guess when it is something I am really passionate about I am more motivated Smiley Happy 

Builder

If it's a project I'm SUPER into, that helps me with motivation. Also if it's something important, or if it's due really soon, I tend to be motivated to do things, but I much prefer the first reason. I did NaNoWriMo last year (where you write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November) and that was really motivating because I had a daily goal to meet, and a bunch of other nerdy amateur writers supporting me.
Community Manager

That's a huge project @tomo_13! Was it something about the project that made you motivated? Or something about what the project did for you that made you feel motivated?

Mod

@May_ nothing quite like a uni deadline to trigger a panic-fuelled motivation hahaha Smiley Tongue

Mod

that sounds awesome @tomo_13 Smiley Happy
Builder

@Ben-RO I would probably say what the project did that motivated me. I knew this is going to help people, so I really wanted to get it done for them. But also I'm motivated to reducing bullying so that was also a big motivating point.
Builder

awesome project @tomo_13
Top High Fived Authors