Mod

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

@tomo_13 helping people is definitely a big motivator for me to do things too! I'd say it's also the reason why a lot of us post here on the forums Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Community Manager

Yeah I've finished two whole degrees at the very last minute basically Smiley Tongue 

@tomo_13 ah cool, so it was a good project but the cause was also motivating by the sounds of things 

Builder

yea exactly right! @Ben-RO
Builder

When is a time that you've been really motivated to work towards something?

I just get short bursts of motivation that pop up from nowhere.  Generally during SACs (assessments) that I have to do in class because if I fail I'll get close to having to redo the year level.

Mod

Hey guys. Sorry I'm late!!!

When is a time that you've been really motivated to work towards something?

I started NaNoWriMo for the first time in the November that just went and I was super motivated to write and work towards the goal of getting 50,000 words written. Since I started in the last week of November, I didn't succeed, but I've made it to that word count since and I was determined that I was going to get there before February of this year, which I did. Smiley Happy  

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

as in you have to repeat the whole year? like year 11, year 12 etc? @FootyFan26 WOAH
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I did my first practice SAC today @FootyFan26 - not looking forward to the real thing Smiley Tongue
Mod

It sounds like we've found that motivation can come from lots of different places. Which leads us to our next question:

Where do you think your motivation came from? Did you motivation waiver?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@roseisnotaplant I love that we both used the example of NaNoWriMo, haha!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Hey guys, sorry I lost track of time Smiley Happy
Top High Fived Authors