Builder

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

images.jpg

Mod

That sounds about right @lokifish I tend to get that experience too. So annoying!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

Where do you think your motivation came from? Did you motivation waiver?

My motivation came from a couple of different things, one of them is stress. The random graph i shared basically says that there's a certain amount of stress that is actually really good, it gets too low and we just kinda don't get motivated, but also too much aint too good too. So when I'm motivated i generally have enough stress to help me feel motivated but not so much that i feel like i'm overwelmed and can't think straight. The other thing is wanting the thing to happen. So for example with study, if i don't see the point to doing a subject, like it won't help me discover more about what i care about or I can't see how it will help me do better at the things i want to do, it's very hard for me to get motivated to do it. 

Builder

@lokifish, I definitely think they can cross over and for me, sometimes it turns into that addictive obsession which isn't as fun as just being motivated.
Mod

Smiley Tongue

motivation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Community Manager

j95 wrote:
sometimes i can get so stressed that it makes me motivated, how does that work @Ben-RO

Yep that can happen it often depends on the task we are getting motivated to do. Although if we're more wound up, it's harder to do complex tasks, but we might be super motivated to do simpler tasks. 

Builder

54611478.jpg

(I too can meme @FootyFan26 Smiley Tongue)

Mod

@lokifish yes exactly!!
Builder

DANG IT @lokifish YOU STOLE MY MEME Smiley Tongue
Mod

@roseisnotaplant HAHAHAHAHAHA great minds think alike Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Top High Fived Authors