Builder

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

[ Edited ]

Next Question!

Do you think inspiration is the same as motivation and can be harnessed in the same way?

Mod

@FootyFan26 @roseisnotaplant

bear

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Do you think inspiration is the same as motivation and can be harnessed in the same way?

I think inspiration is coming up with the initial idea of doing something, and motivation is what helps us put the idea into practice Smiley Happy I suppose they can both be harnessed in similar ways too

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Hey @redhead! Glad you could join us Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager

I think motivation is something that often comes from inspiration. In other words if you're really inspired to do something then you become much more likely to want to do the thing, so motivation happens! Smiley Happy 
Builder

I think they are similar. It helps to be inspired in order to be motivated. Therefore I think inspiration is the driving point, but motivation is the actual doing.

It's harder to be forced into inspiration. Eg, being chased by a bear doesn't inspire me to run, but it does motivate me.

Community Manager

Absolutely fantabulous to see you @redhead Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Builder

Inspiration seems to come easier to me than motivation, but I use it to get motivated. If I'm not inspired what I'm doing motivation seems harder.
Builder

Well, firstly;

e92cece7671829aa2984feedebbdfafd.jpg

And secondly, I think that inspiration and motivation can be similar, but aren't totally the same thing? Motivation is like, 'Yeah, go do the thing!' Whereas inspiration is more like, 'Wow, it would be cool if I did the thing.' Does that make sense?

Builder

That totally makes sense @Alison5, that's an awesome way of putting it Smiley Very Happy

Top High Fived Authors