Mod

Re: [Chat] Motivation and goals

that is one terrifying meme (the bear one) @lokifish D:

Do you think inspiration is the same as motivation and can be harnessed in the same way?

I think they are pretty much interchangeable. I'm not convinced you can have one without the other. Whenever something inspires me I feel motivated!
Mod

@Alison5 ah I love that analogy Smiley Happy I think it's because inspiration comes from a place of positivity, whereas as we've already discussed, fear can be a big contributor to motivation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

actually disregard what I just said haha - @Alison5 you explained it perfectly! Smiley Happy
Mod

Although would we call it motivation when we are desperately trying to get something done before a deadline but are not feeling inspired at all to do it? Or would there be another word for that?
Builder

Stressed, forced, pressured. They all play a part @May_
Builder

Okay everyone, next question;

Do you find making goals helps you to feel motivated? Do you stick to them?

ujc_funny_grumpy_cat_mem.jpg

Mod

So I'm just jumping on to say hello because I am so completely behind and GR's are hard Smiley Tongue

Good luck on all your goals and motivation! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

They definitely help with motivation! Can be really tricky to stick to them though. I find the what am I doing today? thread helps me to come up with goals, and then three positives of today is where I can (hopefully) celebrate achieving those goals. Then that positive reinforcement helps me feel motivated to do it all again the next day Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Sup folks!

Only extremely short term goals I feel. The instant gratification feels so much stronger than long term ones, like getting the mythical "higher grades" haha. I stick to these ones, though long term ones are much harder. If you're motivated to stick to long term goals, you'll do better (which is weird I guess. Motivation to stick to motivation). 

Reminds me of those lollies on every couple sentences on a textbook to fuel your motivation Smiley Happy

Builder

Having a goal tends to keep the motivation momentum going. I try to stick to my goals.
Top High Fived Authors