Community Manager

[Chat] Overcoming bad experiences.

Life is full of both good and bad experiences.

Sometimes the memories of the bad experiences can stick around though and get in the way of new, possibly awesome experiences.

If enough bad stuff happens, it can make it hard to even notice when a good thing happens. Brains can be very strange sometimes:

6084a494273f0be5d272b9f4114b0c94.jpg

On Monday the 24th of October at 8pm AEDT we're going to talk about our awkward moments and bad experiences. Together we'll figure out how to stop them getting in the way of new, good experiences!

You can join the chat then, or start the conversation right now by clicking reply Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Re: [Chat] Overcoming bad experiences.

Greetings humans,

Tonight we're going to what to do when those bad experiences from the past, get in the way of good experiences now.  

Join us to talk about and find what you can do about it- we're live right now so get talking Smiley Happy 

If you're going through a tough time, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 
Please remember guidelines when joining this conversation.

Builder

Hi beautiful people
Community Manager

And to get this show on the road, here's the first discussion question! 

What are some ways memories of bad experiences or regrets get in the way of new, positive experiences for you? 

Community Manager

@redhead!!!!! Haaaaiiiiii!!!!!

Builder

Hey everyone 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

What are some ways memories of bad experiences or regrets get in the way of new, positive experiences for you?

I think that nothing ever good is gonna happen because bad things keep happening. I hear voices that remind me of every failure I've done so I give up trying
Mod

@Ben-RO haha great topic! Brains are pretty confusing things.

A socially awkward situation that I usually like to forget - but which I'll recall today for this exercise - is that in Year 8 at Valentine's Day. I sent my old primary school crush a letter proclaiming my love to him. I hadn't seen him for years but going to a girls only school had significantly decreased my exposure to the opposite sex.
So yeah, sent him a letter, told him I loved him. He messaged me back (somehow, I forget exactly how) and said "yeah nah, not interested thnx". Brutal.
Certainly effected my confidence in approaching the opposite sex if I was crushing on them.

Don't leave me hanging now peeps - share you're own awkward/bad experience Smiley Wink
Builder

@j95 hi mate
Community Manager

What are some ways memories of bad experiences or regrets get in the way of new, positive experiences for you? 

There's a couple of ways for me. The obvious one is something that I am doing reminds me of something sad or tough that happened in the past. 

There's a not so obvious way though and that is that over time i have realised that sometimes the way I see or think about things is shapped by not so good things that have happened. So I might assume something bad is going to happen when actually something pretty awesome might happen. 

Top High Fived Authors