Builder

Re: [Chat] Overcoming bad experiences.

I agree with @lokifish sometimes through text is easier for than a phone call or face to face especially about a tough topic, at least online or in a text I can walk away or turn my phone off and like bail out of the convo
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

@Stealth_ninja the Internet definitely helps! I know I share stuff on here before I feel comfortable sharing it with people in real life

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Ooooh so knowing you can bail helps? Makes sense, it means that you kind of have a way of protecting yourself from the potentially bad experiences, so you don't worry about them as much? Would that work as a technique for offline situations? Like if we have an exit strategy does that help us not feel like we have to flee? 

Builder

Really can't do it tonight, sorry guys.

Take care.
Mod

@Ben-RO I know that'd probably help me, but what would an exit strategy look like in an offline situation? Literally getting up and walking away from the conversation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

All the best @FootyFan26 Smiley Happy

Mod

[ Edited ]

That's alright footy @FootyFan26 you can always jump on later and have a read, add something on later!

Community Manager

Yep, that could be one @lokifish 

Guess it depends on the situation!

You could also do something like get comfortable with sharing with someone you trust over time. Maybe test the waters a little before diving into the whole conversation?

I am not sure about this whole strange idea of mine as a strategy, so I'm keen to hear what people think!

Builder

I know for me I have an exit strategy in most things @Ben-RO it helps me to know I can get out of a situation quickly and how I can do that
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

This is something I still struggle with soooo much! :/
But I have also improved a hell of a lot!
On the build up to talking with my Mum for example, I set myself a goal to aim for I.e I want to disclose everything to get it off my chest and one to settle for I.e I at least want to express my feelings.
I promise myself I will do this and when I do, I like to treat myself to something. If I don't, I agree that next time I have to achieve 2 set goals.
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count