Community Manager

Re: [Chat] Physical Health Affecting our Mental Health

Greetings @roseisnotaplant

Aloha @loves netball (because surfing) 

What's your favourite way and least favourite way to exercise? 

Favourite way is either cycling, freediving or perhaps bushwalking/hiking anything that involves seeing lots of new things and distracts me from the fact that I'm not sitting around doing nothing Smiley Tongue. Least favourite way is probably running (sorry @loves netball!) I am too tall and my back gets sore if i run more than about 5ks. 

Builder

Hey guys!

What's your favourite way and least favourite way to exercise?

Least favourite way would be running becasue you'd do most of it by yourself unless you're attending events.

Favourite would be AFL footy (Who'd figure?) because it requires working in a team with others and there's a set goal.

So I like sport, not exercise.

Builder

@Ben-RO because surfing... Smiley LOL

Builder

and surfing is one of my faves too
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

For our next question...  drum roll  please...

2.How can exercise help our mental health? 

Super star contributor

so everyone is going to bag out running - I never said it was for everyone. Most people don't distance running unless they want to be distance runner.

@Ben-RO I hate hearing tall people complain about running; such longer leads for longer strides Smiley Sad

My order is running (because I don't have to put up with others when I make a mistake); then netball; then weights; then footy and whatever else

Mod

Favourite: walking the Thousand Steps with a mate on a cool day.

Least favourite: the Beep Test. Someone sadistic designed that me thinks...

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Fact - exercise improves your mood - there is science to it (says the exercise nerd)

It can reduce the stress hormones in the body (the one called cortisol). It's way of releasing all the negative energy when you feel like you're going to explode.

Provides a sense of achievement and structure to daily routines. There is also the social aspect or just being able to escape from other people Smiley Happy

Builder

2.How can exercise help our mental health? 

Um well there's like science behind it - excersize releases endorphins or something which is good for some reason (I clearly know what I'm talking about). If you're playing a team sport there's the social aspect, often being around cool people can give you a mental health boost. Also a lot of sports and activities take place outdoors, and sometimes it's awesome being outside doing something instead of inside doing nothing.

Builder

Excersise can help our mental health in so many ways, im going to give a really short answer then answer properly in like 5 minutes after I've eaten my dinner. But being active is really good for is because it releases endorphins which make us feel good, it's a good distraction from other stuff and being outside in the sun is said to be really good for your mood
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Top High Fived Authors