Mod

Re: [Chat] Physical Health Affecting our Mental Health

[ Edited ]

Nicely done @FootyFan26

How can our mental health affect our physical health?

Less motivation. I feel like being emotionally/socially drained affects how we talk to others as well and being a bit more cranky might not make us feel so great about ourselves later. Has resulted in sleepless nights for me mulling over it. That's just me though. Maybe I just have less energy Smiley Tongue

Mod

In some ways like @j95 said, mental health can also effect physical health when exercise or a healthy snack are coping/distraction strategies.
Community Manager

How can our mental health affect our physical health?

I definitely CBF to do anything when unwell, despite that generally being the most likely thing to improve my brain. Soooo my mental health definitely directly impacts my physical health and then if i am not careful it can spiral. Less physical activity leads to poorer mood, less interest and more worry which leads to less activity and so on and so forth. Not a good combo! So I make sure i drag myself out and do at least a little thing, and make lots of habits that keep me active without noticing... admitedly that doesn't work for everyone but it works for me Smiley Happy 

Community Manager

That's awesome @j95 do you find that easy to do when you're not doing so great? Or did it take some practice to get the hang of being active when going through a tough time? tell me your secrets!!!

Builder

[ Edited ]

But then now that I think about it, it doesn't really motivate me to excersise it's just a coping mechanism that I have used for so long that I just do it,and also a preventative, gotta spend some time sweating it out each day @Ben-RO

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

I think that would be a really effective preventative @j95 - nice work for being aware of that and acting on it!!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

@Ben-RO thanks for summing up my weekend in your post Smiley LOL . To get me out of it I wrote a to do list last night, and running was first on the list

Community Manager

Nice one @loves netball the list is a cool trick, do you find that once you get started it's easier to keep going? 

Would a Builder like to ask the next question? 

Builder

Thanks @letitgo I try to go to the gym, swim or run each day preferably before work but a swim or at workout after is still sufficent
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

@Ben-RO I already said I would geez hahaha I'm doing it I'm doing it don't be inpatient Smiley Tongue
Top High Fived Authors